What we do with your personally identifiable information
“Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address.
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services.
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered.
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant.
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential.
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of the Law Office of Kirk C. Thompson, P.A., its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Law Office of Kirk C. Thompson, P.A.’s Website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
Last updated January 11th, 2015.